1. How does Tocky roll around without wheels
Tocky uses a combination of a motor and it's own weight to create momentum which propels it forward.
2. How much space is available to record sound in Tocky?
Tocky holds 100 MB of flash memory space which translates to 6 hours of recorded sound using Tocky's built-in microphone, or roughly 2 hours of MP3s
3. What sound format can I upload into Tocky?
Tocky only accepts songs in the MP3 format.
4. How long of a song can I put in each track?
There is no limit. You can use up all of Tocky's available space with one song in the 1st track if you like, or you can fill up all 9 tracks
5. Will Tocky play all 9 tracks when the alarm sounds?
Yes, Tocky will play all 9 tracks as a playlist. It will start with the current track shown in the PLAY screen, and then play each track after in order as a sequence. It will skip empty tracks and go to the next track.
6. How long does Tocky move?
When the alarm sounds, Tocky moves around for 30 seconds and will continue sounding for 10 minutes.
7. How far can Tocky drop from a nightstand?
The safe distance for Tocky's drop is 3 feet high. Do not place higher than this! It is ok for him to fall onto carpet or wood floors.
8. How long does Turn-In Mode last?
Turn-in mode lasts as long as the selected song. During the last minute of the song, it will fade out.
9. What batteries are recommend for Tocky?
We recommend standard AAA lithium batteries for optimal battery life. You can also use standard AAA alkaline batteries. The product is not verified for use with rechargeable NiMH batteries.
10. Why is the screen still on after I remove Tocky's batteries?
After you take the batteries out when the low battery indicator 'batt' is displayed on screen, Tocky's LCD will be on for about 30 seconds. This is because we store a little power in Tocky all the time as backup because the batteries may disconnect for a very short time when he hits the floor. When installing batteries, take out the old batteries, wait for the screen to fade out completely, and then install the new batteries. Use the toggle to turn on the product.
11. When replacing batteries, is the data saved?
Any music and recorded sound will be saved, however, the previous time, alarm time, and other settings will not be saved and must be re-set.